Print Friendly and PDF
Are you a first-timer to LDS Perfect Day! If so, welcome!
Click here to see what this blog is all about and how you can get the most out of it.

Monday, April 2, 2012

The Blog Reader who Received their Calling and Election -- Part 2

Dear Subscribers,

Below is a "Part 2" of sorts written by "The Blog Reader who Received their Calling and Election".  Enjoy. 
________________________________________________________________________
"Wherefore, let no man glory in man, but rather let him glory in God, who shall subdue all enemies under his feet."
-- D&C 76:61
"And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true."
-- Mosiah 4:12
Giving Glory to God

I am always wondering, "Who am I, a mere mortal, that I can give glory to God, my Savior?" 

For some reason, I just couldn't figure it out.  Then one morning, I got a lesson on that. 

I was singing a song, a Christian song, thinking of Christ.  Then the Spirit flooded me with all these marvelous examples of how praising Him actually brings glory to Him.  How using our agency to choose to give our lives to Him brings Him glory.  How witnessing of Him brings Him glory.  How living by His words brings Him glory.  On and on the lesson went. 

How absolutely beautiful is this union!  I know it is simple.  It is profound to me.  To know that I, one of the least of the saints, can offer any bit of glory to Him is so humbling and so wonderful.  

St. Francis of Assisi used to say that the birds are always singing songs of praise to their Creator, and that we should do the same.  It would be well for us to remember that whenever we wake up.  It's interesting how even the birds can teach us how to grow closer to God -- hence, "But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee..." (Job 12:7)

"Second Nature" to "First Nature" of Discipleship

Also, I was recently considering the Second Comforter that Christ is.  This came up during my recent studies concerned the concept of pondering.

To a certain extent, it is out of our nature to be as Christ is, to think as He does, to feel as He does, to see through His eyes.

Yet, as we begin to follow and to mature in His ways, it may become "Second Nature" to do the above.  Then!  It becomes your "First Nature" as you are filled by Him, and our desires to "want to be" a disciple are transformed into a new being -- one who "is" a disciple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment